What is a Community Event?
A community event is any event that is not sponsored by a business or not-for-profit organization.
- Community events are curated by individual members.
- Community events are funded by individual ticket sales.
What is the Cost of an Event?
- Community event ticket prices are typically $100/ticket however prices can vary based on factors such as the type of event, length, location or time of the event.
- Event team members including curators, moderators, panelists and speakers are free.
Note: Community events are not sponsored by companies. We do this to ensure that community considerations such as topic focus, time and location are the driving factors for curating events not corporate agendas. The ability to sell tickets for the event is a powerful market force that will over time drive quality of events.
What is included?
- Payment covers costs associated with developing and operating the Insurance Discourse platform, operating events including the cost of meeting rooms and typical expenses associated with operating a business.
- Payment also covers digital marketing efforts which include specific investments to promote events being hosted on the platform.
How and When Are Payments Processed?
- Users pay with a credit card or tokens when they register for an event.
- Tokens are debited when the user registers.
- If user pays with a credit card, the card isn't charged until the the minimum number of participants register for the event. When an event meets the minimum registrants, this is called "greenlighting".
- If a greenlighted event is canceled tokens and credit card charges will be refunded to the member. This process usually happens with in days but may take up to 30 days. Members can always contact support to determine when their refund will be processed.
- Tokens can be bought in bulk at a discounted rate an may be given from one member to another or from a company to a member. When giving a token to a member the donating individual or company cannot stipulate which event the tokens must be used on.